Most school’s characteristics of effective learning are:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Playing and Exploring (Engagement)
- Active Learning
AEGIS Martial Arts can help develop these skills as well which means your child can be more prepared and progress even more at school. Check out how below!
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development – By actively teaching socialisation skills we can help a child engage better with other children of a similar age. We also look at basic life skills such as courtesy and respect, which can help you child appreciate others and consider how their behaviour will affect them.
- Communication and Language – As part of our programs we teach our students some of the most important parts of good communication such as eye contact and body language. By engaging students in class with questions we also encourage them to communicate their ideas and understanding on the exercises and drills they will do in their lessons.
- Physical Development – Through martial arts training your child will develop a strong body and strong heart. It also helps younger child develop skills such as physical awareness, balance and coordination.
- Playing and Exploring (Engagement) – AEGIS Martial Arts helps our students develop a ‘Can Do’ attitude. We encourage them to take on challenges and overcome obstacles in a safe environment as part of each lesson. This will help your child develop confidence to try new things and exploring outside of classes as well.
- Active Learning – AEGIS Martial Arts provides your child the opportunity to learn by doing. By working techniques at the same time as an instructor and then having time to practice these themselves, they are engaged both physically and mentally during the whole process.